The Canary app will send you a notification if your Canary device detects motion when it's in Armed Mode.
Check Canary Status
Check Canary system status to see if we're experiencing any temporary service interruptions that may impact notifications being delivered. If the status is "Operational" that means all things are normal with the Canary Cloud.
Check your App
- Force close the Canary app
- Log out and back into the Canary app
- Delete, re-download, and reinstall the Canary app
- After re-install make sure you select Ok when prompted to allow Push Notifications
Check your phones mobile connection
Make sure you have a good mobile signal and your device is not in 'do not disturb' or 'airplane mode.' Both iOS and Android have these settings that can block alerts and notifications from being received.
Make sure notifications are enabled
Double-check that you've allowed Canary to send you notifications. In your mobile device's settings, verify that you've enabled this feature and that the specific notification style for the Canary app meets your preferences.
Enable iOS notifications
- Tap the Settings app
- Tap Notifications
- Scroll down and tap the Canary app icon
- Make sure the Allow Notifications toggle is green
- Make sure the Show on Lock Screen toggle is green
- Make sure Alert Style When Unlocked is set to Banners or Alerts
Enable Android notifications
- Navigate to the Settings app
- Tap Apps
- Tap Canary
- Select Show notifications
Adjust motion sensitivity
You can use the slider in the Motion notifications preferences to customize how much motion is required before your Canary sends you a notification.
To adjust the motion sensitivity, follow these steps:
- Open the Canary app.
- Tap the three bars in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap Motion notifications.
- Move the slider to the left to reduce alerts, or to the right to receive more alerts.
- Tap Save in the top right corner of the screen.