The Canary app will send you a notification if your Canary device detects motion when it's in Armed Mode.
Check Canary Status
Check Canary system status to see if we're experiencing any temporary service interruptions that may impact notifications being delivered. If the status is "Operational" that means all things are normal with the Canary Cloud.
Check your App
- Force close the Canary app
- Log out and back into the Canary app
- Delete, re-download, and reinstall the Canary app
Important: After re-install make sure you select Ok when prompted to allow Push Notifications
Check your phone's mobile connection
Make sure you have a good mobile signal and your device is not in 'do not disturb' or 'airplane mode.' Both iOS and Android have these settings that can block alerts and notifications from being received.
Make sure notifications are enabled
Double-check that you've allowed Canary to send you notifications. In your mobile device's settings, verify that you've enabled this feature and that the specific notification style for the Canary app meets your preferences.
Enable iOS notifications
- Tap the Settings app
- Tap Notifications
- Scroll down and tap the Canary app icon
- Make sure the Allow Notifications toggle is green
- Make sure the Show on Lock Screen toggle is green
- Make sure Alert Style When Unlocked is set to Banners or Alerts
Enable Android notifications
- Navigate to the Settings app
- Tap Apps
- Tap Canary
- Select Show notifications
Adjust motion sensitivity
You can use the slider in the Motion notifications preferences to customize how much motion is required before your Canary sends you a notification.
To adjust the motion sensitivity, follow these steps:
- Open the Canary app.
- Tap the three bars in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap Motion notifications.
- Move the slider to the left to reduce alerts, or to the right to receive more alerts.
- Select back arrow when done.
Make sure your masks are accurately placed
You can use masks to ignore activity in certain zones, reducing the number of false alarms. However, if your masks are covering an area of important activity, you won’t receive a notification about that activity. If you have adjusted the placement of your Canary device, your masks may no longer be covering the correct area, and may need to be adjusted.
To adjust your masks, follow these steps:
- Open the Canary App
- Tap the three lines in the top right
- Tap Settings
- Select the location to which you would like to add a mask, if you have more than one
- Tap on the name of the device
- Tap Add mask
- Drag the edges of the mask until it is the desired size and position
- Tap Save mask