|Important: The steps in this article have been updated to reflect app version 6.7.1, please update your app today for the best Canary experience.|
In certain cases you may require the email address to be changed on your Canary account. At this time there is no way within the Canary app to change your email address but there are options.
Invite new email and contact support
The best way to change your email is to invite the new email address as a member on your location.
- Open the Canary app and tap the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Scroll down to Take Action, and tap Add location members.
- Enter your name and the email address you'd like to use.
- Select Send Invitation.
- An invitation will be sent to the email address you entered.
- Check your email and click the Accept Invite button inside to add your new email to the account.
Once you accept the invitation, you will need to change ownership of the device to the new account. The easiest way to have ownership transferred is to have the current owner submit a request to our support team from the email address associated with their Canary account.
- To request the ownership change visit our submit a request page.
- Please include the account members name and email for which you wish to transfer ownership.
Once ownership has been transferred you can then remove the member associated with your old email.
To remove a member:
- Tap the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Tap My location.
- Tap Edit users.
- Select the member you wish to remove
- Tap "Remove user".
- Confirm "Delete" on warning.