Canary uses Bluetooth to change your device Wi-Fi connection. To make the experience as simple as possible, we choose for the you whether the App should use Bluetooth or the secure audio cable. Both the iOS and Android apps will check if you have a Bluetooth enabled device and that the Canary you would like to change connection on has version 1.3.0 or higher. If not, the apps will default back to audio setup automatically.
Note: To learn more about changing Wi-Fi connections, visit this article.
In certain cases your Canary device may encounter a pairing issue with your mobile phone or tablet.
- App fails pairing process and device light continues to flash blue.
- App succeeds pairing process but device light shows a solid blue state and does not proceed.
Toggle Bluetooth off and on
By turning off Bluetooth you essentially clear the cached connection to your Canary device. An incorrect cached Bluetooth connection can works as an obstacle in many cases while trying to get your device connected to Wi-Fi.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Confirm that the toggle is off
- After toggling off Bluetooth reset Canary.
- After resetting the Canary restart mobile phone or tablet.
- Press and hold the sleep/wake button. A red Slide to Power Off slider appears on the screen.
- Slide the red slider to turn off the phone or tablet, and then wait a few seconds.
- Press and hold the sleep/wake button again until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Re-attempt to change the devices Wi-Fi or ethernet connection.
- Turn Bluetooth back on when prompted by the Canary app.
Note: To reset Canary Pro disconnect the Micro USB cable from the back of Canary, then reconnect it to restart your device. For Canary Flex, hold down the back button for five seconds until you hear the shutdown sound and the LED ring turns off.
Reinstall Canary app
If you continue to have issues pairing your device you may have to reinstall the Canary app. By reinstalling the app it will help clear the app cache and data.
- Force close the Canary app
- Delete the Canary app
- Gently tap and hold the Canary app icon for about 2 seconds until the icon wiggles.
- An X will also appear next to the app.
- Tap the X on the Canary app to uninstall
- Once you delete the app, power cycle or restart your mobile device or tablet.
- Re-download and reinstall the Canary app from the App store
Try another mobile device or tablet
If the above steps didn't provide a resolution, please attempt with another iOS (or Android) device, as there's always a chance that the issue may be specific to a particular iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. For security reasons, if you do not plan on continued use of this device please log out after changing your Canary's Wi-Fi connection.
Important: Before attempting any new Bluetooth connection you should always restart the Canary.
Remove and deactivate your device
If all else fails, please attempt to remove your device from your account and setup again.
To learn more, visit How do I remove and deactivate a Canary?
In the event you are unable to change your Wi-Fi connection, please open a ticket with Canary support.