Canary uses Bluetooth to change your device's Wi-Fi connection. In certain cases your Canary device may encounter a pairing issue with your mobile phone or tablet:
- App fails pairing process and device light continues to flash blue.
- App succeeds pairing process but device light shows a solid blue state and does not proceed.
Note: To learn more about changing Wi-Fi connections, visit this article.
Toggle Bluetooth off and on
By turning off Bluetooth you essentially clear the cached connection to your Canary device.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Turn off bluetooth by tapping the toggle.
- Reset your Canary Device.Note: To reset the Canary Pro, disconnect the Micro USB cable from the back of Canary, then reconnect it to restart your device. For Canary Flex, hold down the back button for five seconds until you hear the shutdown sound and the LED ring turns off.
- Re-attempt to change the devices Wi-Fi or ethernet connection.
- Turn Bluetooth back on when prompted by the Canary app.
Reinstall Canary app
If you continue to have issues pairing your device you may have to reinstall the Canary app. By reinstalling the app it will help clear the app cache and data.
- Force close the Canary app
- Gently tap and hold the Canary app icon for about 2 seconds until the icon wiggles.
- Tap the X that appears next to the icon to uninstall the Canary app.
- Restart your mobile device or tablet.
- Re-download and reinstall the Canary app from the App store
Try another mobile device or tablet
If the above steps didn't provide a resolution, please attempt with another iOS (or Android) device, as there's always a chance that the issue may be specific to a particular iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. For security reasons, if you do not plan on continued use of this device please log out after changing your Canary's Wi-Fi connection.
Important: Before attempting any new Bluetooth connection you should always restart your Canary device.
Remove and deactivate your device
If all else fails, please attempt to remove your device from your account and setup again.
To learn more, visit How do I remove and deactivate a Canary?
In the event you are unable to change your Wi-Fi connection, please open a ticket with Canary support.