Reactivate your Canary
On a rare occasion, a reactivation of your Canary device may be required in order to bring the Canary back online.
Please follow the steps below in order to complete this process.
On your Canary app
- From the Dashboard tap the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Tap My devices.
- Tap the name of the Canary you want to remove.
- Tap Remove device.
- Enter your Canary password.
Next please set up the Canary device once more.
On your Canary app
1. From the Dashboard tap the gear icon in the top right corner
2. Scroll down to "Take Action", and tap on "Add a device".
3. Select the location you are setting the device then tap "Next".
4. Select the type of Canary you are setting up.
5. Plug in your Canary device.
6. Follow the onscreen steps to pair your device.
7. For the Canary Pro, place your hand on top of the device for 30 seconds to initiate pairing.
8. Tap on the serial number when it appears.
9. Select your Wi-Fi Network.
10. Enter your Wi-Fi password, then tap on "Next".
Once Connected to the internet your device will download the latest firmware and update. Please follow the onscreen steps to update the name of your device, and check the settings on the device.
11. Tap next to cycle through the information on Modes and Motion alerts.
12. When prompted, tap Enable Location Access
13. You will then be asked if you would like Premium Service. You can tap "Add Premium Service", "Enter a Promotional Code", or "I don’t want premium security".
Your app then finish updating, and will show when the device is fully updated and online.
Please note if you only have one Canary device the option to add a device when setting up again will appear in a central button on the Home Screen.
|Important: The steps in this article have been updated to reflect app version 6.7.1, please update your app today for the best Canary experience.|