|Important: The steps in this article have been updated to reflect app version 7.3.0, please update your app today for the best Canary experience.
As a security company, we understand that personal privacy is a paramount concern for our customers. Here are a number of ways you can keep your account protected and secured.
Two Factor Verification
Enabling two factor verification is a personalized way to lock your account from outside access. A code is sent to your phone via SMS, which you enter after signing into the Canary app.
If you would like information on how to set up two factor authentication, please visit our help article: What is Two-step Verification?
Set a complex and unique password
It is important that your password is not easily compromised. You never want to share your account credentials with anyone. A number of ways to create a complex password include:
- Include Symbols: ( e.g. @#$% )
- Include Numbers: ( e.g. 123456 )
- Include Lowercase Characters: ( e.g. abcdefgh )
- Include Uppercase Characters: ( e.g. ABCDEFGH )
- Exclude Similar Characters: ( e.g. i, l, 1, L, o, 0, O )
- If you would like to reset your password, you can do so here.
Face ID for iOS users
Using facial recognition is a great way to ensure that your app has another layer of security added to it.
Once you have set up Face ID on your iPhone, you can enable it specifically for the Canary app:
- Open the Canary app and tap to sign in.
- If asked, allow the app to use your username or password.
- Glance at your iPhone or iPad to sign in.
- To see and control which apps use Face ID to sign in, go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode and tap Other Apps.
If you’re using an app that supports Face ID but aren’t prompted to use Face ID to sign in, then you might need to manually sign in to the app first.
Adding a passcode is another great way to keep your account secure. You can enable a passcode by following the below steps:
- Open the Canary app
- Tap the gear icon in the top right corner of the Home screen
- Tap My account
- Select Password and Security
- Please turn on the passcode setting to begin using this feature.