If you have Professional Monitoring linked to a Canary device on your account, you can now activate Audio Alerts. This means when a person is detected, and the event is escalated, your device can emit a noise to deter the person. The alert can mean sounding the siren or emitting an audible "chirp".
Please note: The minimum Canary device firmware requirement for "Audio Alerts" is 5.4.0. You also need to be running the Canary app on version 5.6.0 or above.
How does it work?
You will need to change the Service Settings of your Professional Monitoring. Please follow these steps to create the event:
- Open the Canary app.
- From the "Home Screen" tap the three lines in the top right corner.
- Tap on "Service Settings".
- Tap on "Audio Alerts".
- Tap on the device you wish to add an Audio Alert to.
- Select "Siren (including chirp)", "Chirp", or "Mute".
- Tap on "Done".
- You can now exit this screen with the back arrow and the settings will save.
To set an “Audio Alert” on your Professional Monitoring please follow this guide.
1. Open your Canary app and from the “Home Screen” tap the 3 lines in the top right corner.
|2. Tap on “Service settings”.|
|3. Under your Professional Monitoring settings, tap on “Audio Alerts”.|
|4. Tap on the device you wish to add the Audio Alert to.|
5. Select either:
Then tap on "Done".
6. The Audio Alert is now set, this will save automatically when you exit the page by pressing the back arrow.